Use online Services
View surgery hours
See contact details
Register/change details
View NHS clinics/services
See GP timetable of
Travel Health Services
Travel Health Services

Complaints PolicyComplaints Policy and Procedure

We try to offer Patients the best possible service, however, if you are unhappy about anything, please let us know as soon as possible. We have a Practice Complaints Procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible - ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident or of becoming aware of the matter complained about.

 We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and aim to have fully investigated within 30 working days of the date it was received. 

Complaints can be made by downloading our complaint form (PDF) and bringing it in or posting it back to the Practice Manager, emailing it to or faxing it to the Practice on 01444 451532  You can also submit a complaint via our online comments & complaints form.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days and aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this.
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.
  • Write to you on completion of a complaint investigation explaining how it has been resolved, what appropriate action has been taken and advising you of your right to take the matter to the Health Services Ombudsman if you are still unhappy.

If you wish to complain on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note or our Complaints Form signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Other avenues

We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our Practice Complaints Procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our Practice.

If you would rather not deal with the Practice, or are unsatisfied with our response you can explore the following avenues with your complaint:

Healthwatch West Sussex

Healthwatch West Sussex is an Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCAS)
Telephone: 0300 012 0122
Write to: Healthwatch West Sussex, The Billingshurst Community Centre, Roman Way, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9QW

The Health Services Ombudsman

If you remain unhappy after local resolution and independent review then you can complain to the Health Service Ombudsman. The ombudsman is completely independent of the NHS and Government.

Tel: 0345 015 4033
Write to: Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP